Springdale Golf Club (private)
Springdale Golf Club
Club/Course not reviewed yet
Click here to add a review

26 College Road West
Princeton, NJ   08540
p: 609.924.3198

Website

This course was built in the middle of Princeton University. In the fall of 1895, the Princeton Golf Club - now Springdale Golf Club - was formed by the alumni, faculty and undergraduates of Princeton University. A nine-hole course was laid out in a large field known as "Stockton Woods" to the west of the old race track at the lower end of Bayard Lane. The course opened for play in 1896, and the first tournament was held a year later. Work was started on a new nine-hole course that opened for play in March 1902. The old course on "Stockton Woods" was then abandoned, and the existing 18-hole course was opened on June 1, 1915.

The course, as laid out by Gerald B. Lambert, was substantially the same as it is today. Well-known designer William Flynn, who created Huntingdon Valley Country Club in Pennsylvania, reworked some of the course's features in 1928.

Practice Facilities:
Driving range (grass)
putting
chipping

Request Club Update

Rates:
Amenities:
Motorized carts
Walking ok
Caddies


Restrictions:
Dress code



Springdale Golf Club Reviews ADD

Hey, nobody's reviewed this club yet, be the first, click here.

BECOME AN AMBASSADOR FOR THIS COURSE